A nice lady offered me her umbrella so I could try to get Sidney to the car somewhat dry (because I am a bad mom and didn't bring an umbrella with me). So...I walked to my car, pushing the shopping cart and holding an umbrella over Sidney best I could. The rain was coming down sideways now and my jeans were soaked from the waist down. When I got to the car I had to set the umbrella down so I could throw Sid into her carseat. I set it into the shopping cart (with the bags of food that were filled with water at this point). I managed to get Sidney into her carseat and shut the car door only to find out that my borrowed unbrella had blown away and was still blowing across the parking lot. A nice man drove up next to me and told me he would go get the umbrella and as he drove off to do so, the lady who owns the umbrella drove up to collect her item. By this point I am soaked from head to toe and it is still pouring. Now, another man runs up to me (wearing a suit and tie and getting soaked) and asks me, "did you get the baby into the car ok?" I told him yes and thanked him and he ran off as the nice man who chased down the umbrella pulls up and hands it to me. I then hand it to the lady who let me borrow it and everyone drove off and left me standing next to my car.....drenched. I just started laughing, hysterically, as I got into the car and drove home.

I took this picture on my cell phone the second I got into the car after the ordeal. Can you tell I am soaked?
Wouldn't ya know it....when we pulled into the garage, the sun came out again!!
Now here's the best part...I was telling everyone my story during dinner and when I finished, Steven asks me, "did the man who ran up to you to ask if Sidney was in the car have spikey hair?" I couldn't help but laugh at the off the wall question.
No comments:
Post a Comment