Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Marvelous Miss Sidney

With each passing day, our youngest precious little gem gets more and more fun!!! Here are some of my favorite recent moments (and I will admit I wrote these down as they happened so I could compile a list to post):

Sometimes if you ask Sidney if she wants something she'll answer, "dup-dup".

The other day I was holding her hand and walking down the stairs when I guess I was moving a bit too fast and she missed a step and tumbled a bit. I helped her up and she said, "Whoa!"

Out of nowhere yesterday she said, "bubble." There weren't any bubbles anywhere so I am still wondering if she meant something else that just SOUNDED exactly like bubble OR she just randomly said bubble. Well...now we all tell her, "say bubble, Sidney" and she does! Maybe I'll never know where that came from.

She is head over heels in love with COWS. Obssessed, really. Maybe it is all the dairy farms we live near and constantly drive by. Who knows, but every night when I lay her down for bed she says, "moo-moo" and every morning when I pick her up from the crib she says, "moo-moo." It has even become a ritual to make special trips past the dairy farms just so she can stare at the cows. Her fascination USED to be with puppies, but she has moved on to cows for sure.


Remberto found her a stuffed baby cow she now carries around everywhere


Whenever Sidney needs a new diaper, she'll now come to someone and make a "stinky" face and wave her hand in front of her face and say, "phew-phew." Wish I had a picture of this one is action. In fact...I'm gonna work on it!!

Today she was choking for a second on a chip and Linda went to her and patted her on the back to help her get the chip up (or down, I guess). Well...later on in the day Sidney started coughing again for whatever reason and no one came to help her, so she started hitting HERSELF on the back.

Ok...one more and then some more pics........

I was out picking up dog poop recently and Sidney was just walking around in the backyard with me (avoiding "landmines", I think) when I noticed she went back inside. As I was about to enter the house looking for her, she came towards me with a plastic grocery bag that we usually use to put the dog scoopings in. She knew I'd need one! AND...I HAD forgotten to bring one out so she was a big help. Funny thing is, when I was all done and went back into the house, I noticed she had gotten the grocery bag from under the sink (which has a safety latch on it). Hmmmmm....great!

Here are some recent pics of Sidney (and Steven) bug hunting in the front yard.








One shoe on and one shoe off....

Since no one else is doing it, I'll put my shoe on myself


1 comment:

Mama Bear said...

How cute. Love the bug hunting and what a good pooper-scooper helper!

Followers