Tuesday, April 20, 2010

...And We All Fall Down...

It's one injury after another around here! First my back last week and now Sidney's FACE yesterday! Miss Sidney was playing outside in the backyard and was running from the grass onto the concrete and tripped. She fell face down onto the concrete. OUCH. After some careful examination, and phone calls to both her pediatrician AND her dentist, it was decided that since her teeth were still solidly intact and most bleeding had stopped, the worst we may be dealing with is the cosmetic aftermath.

She didn't like the idea of me trying to hold ice to her cut and swollen lips, so I allowed her to eat as many popsicles as she wanted!! Well, after 2 popsicles and some meds, mom decided a bath would be a good idea. The bath turned out to be a good distraction and I was even able to examine the "road rash" while telling her I was washing her face!!








She was quite the trooper. Better than momma, actually! She even slept through the night! That makes night #10 (maybe) since she was born!! Below are some pics from this morning (the day after the incident).


She likes to blink right when I want to take her picture


No comments:

Followers