Mainly for the sake of posterity I share the following with you all........
A few months ago you could ask Sidney where a various body part was and she would point it out for you. Now...you can point to a body part and ask Sidney what it is and she will tell you. Times are a changing. This little munchkin is learning so much! She can easily and happily point to and name her ears, eyes, nose, hair, "lippies", cheek, knee, toes, feet, fingers and hands.
Her verbal skills have expanded recently and, sometimes, she will say things I hadn't even realized she was paying attention to me saying. For example, one morning while I was making pancakes, I took the butter out of the fridge and placed it on the counter and Sidney said, "butter". I was so surprised as we had never practiced "butter" before. Another afternoon I was making lunch and took the sour cream out of the fridge and Sidney said, "cream-a". Another startling word as we had never discussed that one, either. Just more proof that little kiddos are listening to EVERYTHING.
Some other words she frequently uses are: bath, kiss, please (which now sounds more like please and less like "poof"), pockets, "lovey", buckle, brush, chair bike and noodles. When at the park she always says she wants to go on the "weeeee" (slide). Good thing I am her perfect translator!!
We currently attend 3 different storytimes a week. Sidney's favorite songs to sing and dance to at storytimes are "Happy and You Know It", "Itsy Bitsy Spider", "Ring Around the Rosie", "The Wheels on the Bus" and "Twinkle Twinkle". In fact, if you ask her to sing a song for you she will sing a line from "Twinkle Twinkle" that goes something like this, "up above la la la la."
One last cute thing I want to share is laundry folding time....while I was folding laundry one day, Sidney wandered over and as I lifted something out of the basket to fold she would tell me who the article of clothing belonged to. She was correct almost everytime!!! I would pull a shirt out and she would say, "sis" or a pair of jeans and she would say, "bra-der" (brother), another shirt and she would say, "mama" or "daddy". Too cute!!
A few months ago you could ask Sidney where a various body part was and she would point it out for you. Now...you can point to a body part and ask Sidney what it is and she will tell you. Times are a changing. This little munchkin is learning so much! She can easily and happily point to and name her ears, eyes, nose, hair, "lippies", cheek, knee, toes, feet, fingers and hands.
Her verbal skills have expanded recently and, sometimes, she will say things I hadn't even realized she was paying attention to me saying. For example, one morning while I was making pancakes, I took the butter out of the fridge and placed it on the counter and Sidney said, "butter". I was so surprised as we had never practiced "butter" before. Another afternoon I was making lunch and took the sour cream out of the fridge and Sidney said, "cream-a". Another startling word as we had never discussed that one, either. Just more proof that little kiddos are listening to EVERYTHING.
Some other words she frequently uses are: bath, kiss, please (which now sounds more like please and less like "poof"), pockets, "lovey", buckle, brush, chair bike and noodles. When at the park she always says she wants to go on the "weeeee" (slide). Good thing I am her perfect translator!!
We currently attend 3 different storytimes a week. Sidney's favorite songs to sing and dance to at storytimes are "Happy and You Know It", "Itsy Bitsy Spider", "Ring Around the Rosie", "The Wheels on the Bus" and "Twinkle Twinkle". In fact, if you ask her to sing a song for you she will sing a line from "Twinkle Twinkle" that goes something like this, "up above la la la la."
One last cute thing I want to share is laundry folding time....while I was folding laundry one day, Sidney wandered over and as I lifted something out of the basket to fold she would tell me who the article of clothing belonged to. She was correct almost everytime!!! I would pull a shirt out and she would say, "sis" or a pair of jeans and she would say, "bra-der" (brother), another shirt and she would say, "mama" or "daddy". Too cute!!
No comments:
Post a Comment