Thursday, February 18, 2010

Valentine's Day

Happy (belated) Valentine's Day!!! Hope everyone enjoyed theirs as much as we did. I received a surprise flower delivery 2 days before Valentine's Day. I was walking Remberto out to his car on Friday as he was leaving for work when we both noticed a ProFlowers box by the front door. I looked at him (inquiring as to whether they were from him) and he just shook his head and said, "tell your boyfriend not to send you flowers to your house." Ha ha...funny guy. Off he went to work and off I went to open my flowers!! They were a beautiful bunch of Peruvian Lilies from my step-father, John. How sweet, right?! I immediately text Remberto to let him know who my secret admirer was. It will be a week tomorrow and the lillies are still in full bloom and beautiful. Thanks, John!!


My lilies with Kennidy's flowers from her dad

Not to be undone, Remberto surprised me Saturday night with a dozen red roses in a gorgeous arrangement.



Because Remberto had to work Valentines morning (no breakfast in bed for me), he and I exchanged gifts Saturday night. He got me 2 pj sets that I had hinted at and a very sweet card that he said he actually read and chose for (not just a random grab and buy greeting card). I replaced a watch for him that Folger had chewed to bits a couple weeks ago. Bad dog!
Remberto was home Sunday in time for dinner, so I made a nice dinner for us all and even had sparkling apple cider on hand for the kids. After dinner, Kennidy, Linda and Steven each opened a Valentine card from their grandparents in Illinos....and then promptly requested I take them shopping Monday so they could spend the Valentine money found in their cards. Hooray for holidays!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow, Flower child! Remberto did well.

John

Followers